'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Top 5 Sundays #1


I've just stumbled across this new meme and thought I'd give it a go :). It's a top 5 Sunday meme hosted over at Larissa's Life. Here's her rules for taking part:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.
Rules:
  1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
  2. Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
  3. Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
  4. After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
  5. If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


    This weeks Top 5: Favorite Female Book Characters in no particular order.



    Payne - Blackdagger Brotherhood = sister of Vichous, an amazing kick-ass character that has one of the funniest lines in the entire series.
    “Payne looked back through the glass at the human on the bed. "Yes. I am in love with him. And if you try to dissuade me by the fact that I have not lived yet enough to judge, I say unto you...fuck off.” 
     J.R. Ward, Lover Unleashed

    Hermione Granger - Harry Potter = Potter's best friend, intelligent, witty and not afraid to fight for what she believes in. I don't see how anyone could dislike her! 
    “Harry — I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!”
    And she sprinted away, up the stairs.
    What does she understand?” said Harry distractedly, still looking around, trying to tell where the voice had come from.
    “Loads more than I do,” said Ron, shaking his head.
    “But why’s she got to go to the library?”
    “Because that’s what Hermione does,” said Ron, shrugging. “When in doubt, go to the library.” 
    ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

    Elena Michaels - Women of the Otherworld = She's the only female werewolf and isn't afraid to kick so much bum! Her and Clay's relationship is also by far my favorite in the series.
    “Dangerous? Do you remember what Xavier's power is? Teleportation. Limited Teleportation, They guy can move about 10 feet. Worst thing he could do to me? Poke me in the eyes, and go "Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk" and Zip away before I can smack him," - Elena” 
    ― Kelley Armstrong

    Luna Lovegood - Harry Potter = Eccentric, individual, not afraid to be herself. She was someone I loved to read and still is.
    “I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a mixture of dark magic and gum disease.” 
     J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Blue Sargent - The Raven Cycle = A funny, intelligent, eccentric character. I found that the way she dealt will all of the issues which arise within the novel were awesome!
    “Are you really going to work in that?" Maura asked.
    Blue looked at her clothing. It involved a few thin layering shirts, including one she had altered using a method called shredding. "What's wrong with it?"
    Maura shrugged. "Nothing. I always wanted an eccentric daughter. I just never realised how well my evil plans were working.” 
    ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys





1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! I chose Elena as one too! But I had to cheat again, I chose 5 adult females and 5 YA females because the categories are both so vast and it's hard to just choose 5 over them both!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).