'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 24 February 2013

Showcase Sunday #24

 It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! I haven't done one of these for a fortnight now so there's a fair few goodies to show off :).




                                                     Bought
For mine and my partners 3 year anniversary celebration one of my presents was a £20 The Works gift card, so these are six books I bought for just £10!

Stray Souls - Kate Griffin
My Soul to Save - Rachel Vincent
The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa
The Iron Queen Julie Kagawa
The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa
Darkness Unbound - Keri Arthur

Gifted: Valentines Day Presents!
My boyfriend is actually amazing! He bought me these from the Book Depository.
Splintered - A. G. Howard
The Archived - Victoria Schwab
Shards & Ashes - Melissa Marr, Kelley Armstrong etc.

Won
I won this in a competition hosted by Mira Ink :).
Pushing the Limits - Katie Mc Garry

Course Books
A bit of the more boring stuff.
The Piano Teacher - Elfriede Jelinek
Heroes and Villains - Angela Carter
A Woman Alone & Other Plays - Franca Rame, Dario Fo
The Sexual Life of Catherine M - Catherine Millet
Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter - Simone de Beauvoir

 Net Galley
18 Things Dash & Lily's Book of Dares Quintessence Black Feathers (Black Dawn, #1) A Touch of Scarlet Riddle in Stone (The Riddle in Stone, #1) Concealed (Concealed, #1) The Bane Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum, #2) Magick by Moonrise

As you can see, I have some major book buying issues! I think I'm going to attempt a week without actually buying anything because it's getting a little out of hand haha. At least this is roughly 2-3 weeks worth and a lot gifted!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a great haul. You had a good fortnight.

    Hope you enjoy all you new goodies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pushing the Limits I hope you enjoy. Oooh, look at all those goodies. I have the Iron Fey series too which I recently bought.

    Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Looove the Iron Fey Chronicles! Debating on Shards and Ashes, while I want to read it, I thought I would wait for some reviews first!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible haul with some amazing books! I have read and loved my soul to save. Pushing the Limits, and Dash and Lily's Book of Dares :)

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love this haul! I also have Splintered and Shards & Ashes on my list this week :) Enjoy!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/showcase-sunday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just recently bought Splintered and can't wait to read it! Dash & Lily's book of Dares was a good read. I really need to read The Iron Fey series. I have heard some great things about it.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).