'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 18 February 2013

Meme Brainstorming

Today I've been having a think about Memes / weekly / monthly things I'd like to start doing in the next few weeks. I thought I'd use this post as a sort of sounding board to see what you guys think of them :) it'd be nice if I can get a few of you joining in with them too but that is totally up to you guys :). My ideas so far are:
  • Book of the month/ Author of the month
  • Blog of the month/ week (This is inspired by Feature & Follow over at Alison Can Read and Parajunkee). It would aim to promote the blog and will contain a weekly pole for you guys to vote in your favorite blog.
  • Harry Potter Meme: Character/ Spell/ Chapter/ Object/ Quote of the week. This one will definitely be happening. I'm going to be doing (hopefully) my Dissertation on Harry Potter so this will coincide with my research :).
  • Fictional Character of the week.
  • Freebie Friday - a post in which I display a book(s) which are free from Amazon/ Smashwords etc.
  • A week of posts dedicated to an author/ book/ genre: This is also something which will be happening. My idea is to aim to post something - big or small - a day, once a month, on something literary. 
These are just brain storms but I am going to begin doing the HP Meme and the monthly post. Any thoughts - positive or negative - would be really helpful :).

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I like the book/author of the month & the fictional character. We started a character of the month spotlight in January. It's nice to be able to highlight something that really stood out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good idea! I've been trying to come up with some monthly features too - I know weekly ones would be super stressful and I'm not sure I could keep up with them with my busy schedule, but monthly ones should be fine.

    I've been thinking about doing a book of the month/ author of the month one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ideas. I've been thinking of doing something along the lines of Freebie Friday's.

    I really liked book of the month, character of the week and so going to join you in the HP meme!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).