'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 22 February 2013

Feature & Follow #18



So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Alison Can Read Feature & FollowGain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Reading... Dreaming & Jelly's Insider


Q: We always talk about books that WE want. Let's turn it on its head. What books have you given other people lately?

I haven't bought a book for anyone lately but what I have done is buy a Kindle Paperwhite for my Mam for her 50th :). Myself, my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend all chipped together and bought her this for her birthday and put a few books on it for her! Needless to say, she hasn't looked back since. She's speeding through her books whereas previously it used to take her ages! SUCCESS :D.
I'm also currently hosting a giveaway! Click HERE to enter :).


4 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, new follower. E-readers are definitely a great new way to enjoy books! Hope she enjoys it.

    Mike
    http://wallsofnightmare.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I actually won a kindle, shortly after getting one for xmas a few years back that I gave to my mom for her 50th too! It was good timing too since I didn't have a job at that point!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for your mom :)
    thnks for visiting my blog
    old follower
    RUTY@MYFF@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet of you. I love your blog, it's very cute. Thanks for stopping by, I followed you back via GFC. Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).