'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 8 February 2013

COVER REVEAL: 'Zenn Scarlett' - Christian Schoon



Today I received an email showcasing the cover for the wonderful book published by Strange Chemistry; Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon. Check out this beautiful cover!


Zenn Scarlett is a bright and occasionally a-little-too-smart-for-her-own-good 17-year-old girl training hard to become an exoveterinarian. She specializes in the treatment of exotic alien life forms, mostly large and generally dangerous. Her novice year of training at the Ciscan Cloister Exovet Clinic on Mars was going well - until there are a series of inexplicable animal escapes from the school that Zenn finds herself blamed for. As if this isn't enough to be dealing with, her father vanishes under strange circumstances, and Zenn is worried that she has started hearing the thoughts of the creatures around her...
With the help of Liam, a towner boy, and Hamish, an alien bug also training at the clinic, Zenn must try to find her father, rescue the animals and unravel the mystery of who is behind the attacks on the school. And all without failing her first year.
I absolutely love it! It's due to be released in May 2013 by Strange Chemistry. The cover is beautiful and the story itself sounds amazing. This is the first I've heard of the book but it definitely has my interest :).
What do you guys think of the cover/synopsis?
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow that book sounds interesting! Treating aliens . . . nothing like anything I've ever read before. I'll have to check it out when it comes out. By the way I'm in love with owls so I instantly fell in love with your blog! I found you on Book Blogs and I am now your newest follower! I hope you are having a great Friday and that you'll stop by for a visit sometime when you get the chance. :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).