'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #11


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). This weeks choice is:

Dualed - Elsie Chapman

Dualed (Dualed, #1)

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.


Bring on February! 
xxx

7 comments:

  1. This one sounds amazing, the whole chasing the other you only one can survive is intriguing. I kind of get a Hunger Games vibe here :) I'm a new follower :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did I think this book was already out? Maybe it was only released in the US...or maybe I'm completely off with my release dates. LOL Great choice!!! I picked this one what feels like FOREVER ago. :)

    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
    bookluvrmindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Have been seeing this one around a lot lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the third time I've seen Dualed as a WoW. I think it will have to go on my to-read list. Thanks for the follow by the way - I followed you back. ;)

    Patricia @ Night Readings

    ReplyDelete

  5. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this one--it sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    I absolutely love the sound of this one and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by and following!
    I followed back!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).