'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year! My book challenges for the year :)

Elaborate: The London Eye is dwarfed by the impressive fireworksHaaaappy New Year my lovely fellow bloggers :). I hope you all had a lovely evening and are feeling positive towards the new year. I've promised myself many things, to get myself through this postgrad year, to complete whatever reading challenges I set myself, the usual every female in the world promise of lose a little weight and to keep thinking positive. Anyway! This is just a little post to wish you all best wishes and to share my two reading challenges (so far) for 2013. They are:

Goodreads 2013
I've challenged myself to read 100 books this year! It's 40 books up on last year so fingers crossed it'll be met. Having completed 2012's I'm confident it will be fine.
2013 Reading Challenge

Dystopia Reading Challenge 2013
This is an excellent challenge that's being hosted over at Blog of Erised. Follow the link to see the details, but the gist is to read as many Dystopia books as possible within the year and the lovely host, Ula, hands out blog badges for each of the 4 levels passed as we achieve them :). Having fallen in love with Dystopia even more this year it seemed perfect!

If there are any more awesome challenges going about (which I'm 100% there are!) then please share them with me :). What are your plans for this coming year?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to the dystopia challenge! :) January is a pretty bad and busy month for me (lots of exams and such) so I don't know how many books I'll be able to read this month but we'll see.

    Here's to a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm aiming for 100 books as well, let's hope we can do it :D Good luck and best wishes.

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).