'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #10


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). I've been slacking in my participation of this meme but now that Christmas is coming I'm giving myself some blogging time. Again, I'm picking from ones that are already out but I've yet to buy. This weeks choice is:

Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey - Bob McCabe

Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey

"Harry Potter: Page to Screen" opens the doors to Hogwarts castle and the wizarding world of Harry Potter to reveal the complete behind-the-scenes secrets, techniques, and over-the-top artistry that brought J.K. Rowling's acclaimed novels to cinematic life. Developed in collaboration with the creative team behind the celebrated movie series, this deluxe, 500-plus page compendium features exclusive stories from the cast and crew, hundreds of never-before-seen photographs and concept illustrations sourced from the closed film sets, and rare memorabilia. As the definitive look at the magic that made cinematic history, "Page to Screen" is the ultimate collectible, perfect for Muggles everywhere.

I just need this for my Harry Potter collection, it seems even more vital now that I've decided that I'm going to do my dissertation on it. Any excuse :P. 

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Would make a lovely addition to my collection too :)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :) I loooove your choice! :D I'd love to add that to my TBR list! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Sounds like an interesting read for sure! Can never get enough Hogwarts =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! that sounds awesome to do a dissertation on Harry Potter!! I remember writing a paper about how the vampire changed throughout literature and television and I had a blast with that!! Even made a powerpoint!

    Hope you enjoy this and that it becomes a HUGE help with the dissertation, congrats on that too! :)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry! :) I absolutely love that series and your wow is really great. I love how they're still bringing out stuff on Harry still. Nice choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty interesting. I've never really been into all the extras but I do adore the Harry Potter series.

    Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only wish it was sooner and I would have another holiday gift from my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just gave me the perfect Christmas gift for my fiance. Thank you, thank you!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).