'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 21 December 2012

Feature & Follow #12


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: JC Book Haven & Lite-Rate-Ture


Q: What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?

I've only been blogging for roughly 6 months so I definitely still have a lot to learn. It's been really nice to chat and share views with new up and coming authors, it has also made it a lot less daunting to pursue a career in publishing. I had no idea that websites such as Net Galley existed and that you were able to request ARC's to read and review. It's also cleared up what exactly I want to do for me through exploring difference routes and I'm so excited to finish my Masters and to start job hunting. Nothing makes me happier than the thought that one day I may be able to be a member of the team which puts so many books on shelves :). 

xxx

P.S. I am also currently hosting a giveaway: a paperback copy of Lara Adrian's Kiss of MidnightClick here to enter :).


11 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with your Masters? ;)

    My FF

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
    ~New Follower~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months is considered the time it takes to really establish yourself in the book blog world from what I've heard. Supposedly if you make it 6 months, then it's all downhill from there ;)

    New follower, found you through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! ARCs is definitely a hit today!! Ever so glad I learned of netgalley since that's where about 90% of my arcs come from!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel the same way.. im new to the book and blogging world as well! cute site! check out my FF *New Follower* ~ Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, from a new GFC follower.

    This meme is such a great way to find new blogs to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in your career! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. New Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. good answer.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't had any idea about Netgalley and Edelweiss too!New follower. :)
    http://feedonbooks.blogspot.sg/2012/12/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad it's been such an educational and rewarding experience for you! :)

    New GFC Follower

    Bookworm Brandee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I guess book blogging could help with that :) New Follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).