'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 11 November 2012

Showcase Sunday #17

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. Fairly quiet on the book front again this week, this masters better pay off I'm telling you! :)

Books
Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon J. K. Rowling: Harry Potter
I bought a little bit of background reading for Harry Potter. It hasn't had an awful lot of literary criticism written about it yet and it would be nice to be able to do it for my dissertation :).

Net Galley
Season of the Wolf The Mad Scientist's Daughter  Pantomime

Kindle
Shadowland Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

What have you guys nabbed this week? :)

xxx



4 comments:

  1. Sisters Red looks great! Happy reading!

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lovely haul and I am curious about the Mad Scientist Daughter. Enjoy, you can check out my haul and news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had Sisters Red for a while now and I still haven't read it. I should really get on it soon! I hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! These are new to me but I have heard of them! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).