'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 9 November 2012

Feature and Follow #10


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Coffee Addicted Writer & Paranormal Romance Novel


Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

Not at all, in fact I'm terrible for hoarding very similar books. If I find a book that I love I then go on a hunt for something very similar. It took me a very long time to find something up there with Kelley Armstrong (she popped my paranormal virginity!) when I initially started book hunting but now it's like second nature. It's brilliant in a way, but I also limit myself in others. Now that I'm getting older I like to think I'm branching out a bit into other genres but who knows :P. 

xxx


8 comments:

  1. I don't really mind either as long as each book has a unique voice.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. For me Kim Harrison was my first paranormal urban fantasy kind of author. When I finished those I went on a frenzy finding more UF books, and I never really recovered from that (:

    New GFC follower!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My Feature&Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I love reading books that have similar elements and themes! All I read is paranormal these days! Some dystopians--with paranormal elemnts ;) and some fantasies with magic--a form of paranormal element since witches and warlocks and sorcerers and all that jazz use magic!

    But yes, basically I agree! When you find your element that's all you want to read sometimes! And I say sometimes since I know other readers who have more than one fave genre.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follwer! I have some of Kelley Armstrongs books on my reading pile but haven't got to them yet.
    http://racingtoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If books are too similar I get annoyed, but broad similarities I like.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful answer and you have one lovely blog :)
    - New Follower :)
    Marissa @ http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).