'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Showcase Sunday #13



It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I've had a very meh few weeks book wise as I've had to begin purchasing the 'wonderful' course books which I get to study... yay? I've also been absent from this meme so the list to come will be a reminder to me too :P.

Course Books
Dan Leno & Limehouse Golem The Journal of Dora Damage Wanting The Siege Of Krishnapur Hottentot Venus: A Novel 

Books
Supping With Panthers The Casual Vacancy The Left Hand of Darkness

Kindle
A Prophecy Revealed (Destiny's Kingdom #2)

Net Galley
What Matters in Jane Austen? A Demon Lies Within Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2) The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy 

Won
Delirium

So that's more than I expected! What did you guys buy yourselves this week? :)

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the cover on Wanting and I am curious about the new Rowling! Hope you enjoy!

    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know if I'll get The Casual Vacancy, don't think it's my cup of tea but will be looking forward to your review in future! I really need to read some Ursula Le Guin her books are meant to be great. Plus I have that Hunger Games book. It looks so good! :) Hope you enjoy them all when you can finally read them due to uni getting in the way (as it is with me boo!)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/showcase-sunday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice haul!! Looks like you'll be a busy reader! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new JK book! :) I got a copy two weeks ago but I haven't had time to read it yet. Can't wait!

    Have a great week and happy reading! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).