'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 29 October 2012

Halloweeeeen!

So it's Halloween in two days time and I am SOOO excited! The only problem being, I'm stuck on what to wear as a costume. Many ideas have flicked through my mind; from vampire to witch, mime to a zombie, Alice (Zombieland style) a pirate! Nothing has stuck so far and with a presentation due in tomorrow there isn't really a lot of time left. What I have done though is give my nails a trial run ready for the day :).


Not too bad for a first go but could definitely be better :). I followed the nail guide on the lovely Swansea University Fashion Society blog. Go take a look at the lovely designs they've created - all I need to do is invest in a hair clip! 

What are you guys dressing up as for Halloween? Please feel free to share ideas! I saw a wonderful photo of someone dressed up as Katsu (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) and wish I had the time/ creativity to do something as good as that :).

xxx


2 comments:

  1. I'm going as the Evil Twin (cos I'm a twin) and I'm wearing a devil cape, having smokey eyes and back-combing all my hair :)
    -Ruby at http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out pinterest! That's where I got mine. I'm doing a zipper-face sort of thing that's way gross. It looks like you've unzipped your skin and now only muscle beneath. Just put in 'halloween costume' or 'halloween makeup' into the search box and it'll come up with all kinds of stuff. You can search for more specific keywords if you have an idea what you're looking for. :D
    Here's what i'm doing: http://pinterest.com/search/?q=zipper+face
    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).