'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 19 October 2012

Feature & Follow #9


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Kinxs Book Nook & Shelf Addiction


Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

My usual genres are anything paranormal, sci-fi or fantasy. When I step out of these - which isn't often if I'm honest! - it tends to be crime novels, mysteries, anything really with a strong female protagonist. I've recently discovered J. D. Robb which is my new love so we'll see how this goes :).

xxx


10 comments:

  1. First off: Lovely blog!!

    Secondly: I really wish that I could get into some more sci-fi-that is one genre that I am always apprehensive to try! Thanks for sharing!

    New follower (:

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recent;y started the In Death series too! I only read the first, but it was really good! I love that its set in the future, so it give so leeway for Robb to do whatever she wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I used to be a HUGE fan of crime and mysteries. It's been a while now, but occasionally I still enjoy them! A new follower!

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read whatever appeals to me, I don't really have a usual.
    Here's my FF.
    Happy Friday!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I'm a paranormal girl myself! I read books with paranormal elements like steampunks, dystopians and even some mysteries. And of course the all around paranormal reads!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by. Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I haven't read anything by JD Robb but my parents really like her books, as well as Nora's books written under her own name.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to break out of the paranormal genre when there's so many great books in it.

    My FF

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by. How are you like The Casual Vacancy? I'm reading it as well.

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook
    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Old follower via Linky.

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    shelfaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).