'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 12 October 2012

Feature & Follow #9


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Reese's Reviews & Book Fever

Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness...

The Little StrangerGreat question and so many options! Any of Kelley Armstrong or J. R. Ward books would do the trick, they have the perfect balance of supernatural, gore and sex which would make for an excellent Halloween movie BUT I think I may have to go with Sarah Waters; The Little Stranger. It's a Neo-Victorian text which is one of the few that full on gave me the shivers! For the text synopsis click here. The uncanniness and uneasiness which Water's weaves throughout the novel (is it haunted? Is it psychological? Who?) would be the perfect film adaptation to curl up with at Halloween! 

xxx



14 comments:

  1. Haven't read this one yet.
    old follower :)

    here's our FF
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of this one yet. Thanks for sharing! It definitely sounds intriguing.
    New Linky Follower :-)
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of those books, but they must be awesome if you list them. ;)

    Old Follower.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any KA or J.R. Ward would be good indeed!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one yet, but it sounds like more of a suspense book (which I find easier to handle than pure horror -- I about peed myself when I read Stephen King's 'Misery'). I'm adding this to the TBR.

    Thanks for following my blog -- I just returned the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one yet. Thank you so much for following my blog. I am now going to be creeping on your blog for as long as we both have a blog so hope you enjoy. Good choice for this weeks #FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this sounds creepy! I'm guessing your doing this for uni? Great choice!

    Old follower :)
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of the book, but I'm loving the sound of it - will have to add it to my TBR list too!

    New follower!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there!
    Wow...I've heard nothing but amazing things about Kelley Armstrong - she must be an amazing author :)
    Maybe I can squeeze one of her books in for Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Choice!!!! :)

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of either of those, but thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to check them out.
    Old follower here, so followed via Linky! Hooray!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
    Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this one before but it does sound like it would make for an interesting movie! ^.^ New follower (Frodosco - GFC). Here is my FF. :) You are almost to 200 GFC followers, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Followed you back!

    Samaine@Bookworms Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).