'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

WWW Wednesday #9/ Waiting on Wednesday #7




Wednesday's meme is hosted over at 
Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).
The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)What are you currently reading?
I'm reading The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. It has taken awhile to get into it but it will need something drastic to make it into 4* territory. Really disappointing as it sounds amazing on the cover!




Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)What did you recently finish reading?

I recently finished reading a few books, 13 by Kelley Armstrong and Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb. I adored both of them. So sad that the Otherworld series has ended but it was nice to discover another series at the same time :).

Divergent (Divergent, #1)  

What do you think you'll read next?

It'll be a toss up between Maze Runner and Divergent. I've had Roth's book for awhile and recently bought Maze Runner so it's going to be difficult to decide which one!




-x-

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). My choice this week is:


Kristen Painter - Blood Rights


Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)


Rebellion has a price.

The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarrĂ©—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.


Sounds good doesn't it?! :)


Whilst your on my page, head on over and check out my sci-fi/fantasy give-away which ends Friday :). 

xxx


7 comments:

  1. I read Immortal Rules, but I didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have read raving reviews about Immortal Rules, so I'm curious about yours! ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I really enjoy this series! It's very different, yet still awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that Immortal Rules is disappointing as I love Kagawa's Iron Fey books.

    My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maze Runner always sounds so interesting :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/www-wednesdays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I totally vote for Divergent if that helps! ;) Haha, I haven't read The Maze Runner but I loooove Veronica Roth's novels. I hope you enjoy whichever you pick first though! :)

    I hadn't heard of Blood Rights before but... oooooh. I love vampire books (who said that was dead?) and this one sounds fascinating. Thanks for sharing, Leah! <3

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick!! It sounds interesting! :)
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).