'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

WWW Wednesday #8/ Waiting on Wednesday #6



Wednesday's meme is hosted over at 
Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).
The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
13 (Women of the Otherworld, #13)

What are you currently reading?


I'm reading 13 by Kelley Armstrong. The finale of the Otherworld series *sob*. I finally made myself read it - I just wasn't ready to accept that this was the end of the series. I didn't really enjoy Spellbound so I thought maybe it would be easy to let go, but so far this book is amazing! Come on Kelley, one more? 




What did you recently finish reading?

Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose RhymesI recently finished reading Two and Twenty Dark Tales. It is a book which I received for review from the ever faithful Net Galley and I absolutely loved it! Some of the stories were a bit eehhh, they just didn't go anywhere, but the majority were incredibly inventive and gave me the spooks! Review to come soon :).

  

Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)What do you think you'll read next?


Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb. Me and my Nan made a trip to the fantastic shop; The Works and they now have four books for £5! Heaven! They can move shop more often if they're going to up their bargains haha. My Nan grabbed this book (as well as two other crimes and a Dystopian novel; Maze Runner for me) and gave me this bad boy. It's the 8th in the series so I'm hoping this isn't going to be a 'must-have-read-the-others' kinda book!




-x-

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). My choice this week is:


Theresa  Romain - Season for Surrender

Season for Surrender

Honor Among Rogues
Alexander Edgeware, Lord Xavier, has quite a reputation—for daring, wagering, and wickedness in all its delightful forms. But the wager before him is hardly his preferred sport: Xavier must persuade a proper young lady to attend his famously naughty Christmas house party—and stay the full, ruinous two weeks. Worse, the lady is Louisa Oliver, a doe-eyed bookworm Xavier finds quite charming. Yet to refuse the challenge is impossible—he will simply have to appoint himself Miss Oliver’s protector…

Mischief Among Misses
Louisa knows her chance for a husband has passed. But she has no desire to retire into spinsterhood without enjoying a few grand adventures first. When Lord Xavier’s invitation arrives, Louisa is more intrigued than insulted. And once inside the rogues’ gallery, she just may have a thing or two to teach her gentlemen friends about daring…


I requested this awhile back on Net Galley and I'm reeeaallly hoping to be accepted! It sounds so good so fingers crossed for this one!

Whilst your on my page, head on over and check out my sci-fi/fantasy give-away :). 

xxx


5 comments:

  1. I always hate when a good series comes to an end. Like you it can be hard sometimes to start that last book because while it sits unread then you can tell yourself that its not really over.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 sounds very cool. And the cover is catchy too :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/www-wednesdays_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the WoW meme but haven't ever joined it. I should have this week since I actually listed one.

    I really love reading series, but when they end it's often such a loss, knowing there will be no more.

    http://planetpooks.com/?p=4932

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that read! Doesn't really sound like my kind of taste either, but I sure hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Season of Surrender looks like an interesting historical. Great Pick. Old follower.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).