'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 5 September 2012

WWW Wednesday #7/ Waiting on Wednesday #5


Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).
The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book #1)What are you currently reading?

I'm reading A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter. It's a freebie from Amazon and is the group read for a discussion I'm participating in. I'm around 45% of the way through and it really isn't grabbing my attention at all. It should make for an interesting discussion though!




What did you recently finish reading?

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)I recently finished reading Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James. This one surprised me. I felt pained rating the book at a 3/5* as everything within me was screaming that I shouldn't give this book anything slightly positive after my reaaally not liking the first. My inner feminist really wasnt't feeling all that happy. BUT, this one actually had a storyline, it wasn't entirely focused on the smutty scenes. I found that I'd learnt to tune them out and skip on to the next bit. It made for a much more bareable book!

  

Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose RhymesWhat do you think you'll read next?

Something from my ever growing pile of Net Galley to-be-reviewed books. I've been incredibly lazy with them! So I'm going to go with Two and Twenty Dark Tales by Georgia McBride and Michelle Zink.




-x-

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). My choice this week is:


Nalini Singh - Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best- but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option—even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt does not destroy her, succumbing to Raphael’s seductive touch just might. For when archangels play, mortals break.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. OOh I loved Angels' Blood! An incredible series! Just bought the latest book but it might be awhile before I can get to it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh, I have Angels' Blood to read and I absolutely adore Singh's Psy-Changeling series, so I'm hoping I enjoy this one just as much!!

    Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was underwhelmed with Fifty Shades, too, and haven't decided whether I'll continue the series. You say it's got a storyline--maybe I'll pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).