'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Showcase Sunday #12



It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I'm waiting for my lovely best friend to turn up for a few days in Swansea, so here's my lovely purchases for this week whilst I'm waiting :):

Books
Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) Hotwire (Maggie O'Dell, #9) Angels' Blood  (Guild Hunter, #1)

Kindle
Crimson Midnight The Selkie Spell Dark Surrender Beasts of the Walking City

Net Galley
The Purple Shroud: A Novel of Empress Theodora

Won
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

Awesome week, I won my very first book thanks to the lovely Becca over at Lost in Thought an am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into it!

xxx


6 comments:

  1. Clockwork Angel looks fabulous. I'm really curious about that book! I hope it's good. Enjoy the books you got this week. ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Clockwork Angel, I really need to read the rest of the series. Congrats on your win! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I lovee Clockwork Angel! I really hope you like it! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice!! Congrats on your first win!! I always get excited when I win something, which is few and far between. Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oeh, I love Alex Kava! Creepy books :D And congrats on winning! It's so exciting to win something. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard great things about Nalini Singh's books, and they look amazing! Clockwork Angel is quite enjoyable, I hope you like it (:

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).