'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Showcase Sunday #10




It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I'm posting this before I head off to an archery competition with the boyfriend - it's like 7am, so that's blogger dedication for you :). So, I haven't been so good this week, here's what I got:


Books
Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) The Vagina Monologues The Final Act of Mr Shakespeare The Leopard Unleashed The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)
Unfortunately, I didn't realise that the Gena Showalter book was the fourth book in the series so have a bit of catch up to do! Also couldn't resist the final Fifty Shades. Let's see how this trilogy ends.

NetGalley
None received so far this week, but waiting approval or to be declined on these:
Crewel (Crewel World, #1) Season for Surrender Magic in His Kiss City of Dark Magic

Kindle
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) The Vampire's Warden (Undead in Brown County, #1) A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book #1) Ghost in Her Heart The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, #1) Welcome to Setcopia (Dystopian Thriller similar to Brave New World, Nineteen Eighty Four, A Clockwork Orange)The Ultimate Prophecy Uprising (The Fall of Haven, #1) How to Succeed in Evil The Charmer (Darklands, #1) Déjà Vu: A Technothriller (The Saskia Brandt Series, #1)

I went a bit mental this week with the books! I think all except one are free on the Kindle buys though :) so that is awesome. What lovely buys did you guys get this week?

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get your approvals, although I fear you'll not get Crewel because they archived it before I even had a chance to download it...

    Still, this looks like a book filled haul! Enjoy.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a haul! Hope you have luck with your Netgalley requests as well! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those covers look amazing! Especially Crewel <3 Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crewel looks great! And the H.P.Mallory book too!
    I hope you'll enjoy all your books and I hope the competition went well! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).