'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 21 September 2012

Feature & Follow #7



So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)


How to participate:


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Northern Plunder & The Authoress


Q: What hyped up book was worth all of the fuss?

It has been a long time since I've gotten to speak about it so I definitely have to say the entire Harry Potter series! I'm still mourning the end of the series, the books and films always leave me with an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia and sadness that they're over. Usually, I'm adamant that books come before films, but the very first film is what made me retry the first two books. So, so glad that I did because they improved dramatically the more Ms. Rowling wrote. It's a shame the owls lost my Hogwarts letter...

xxx


9 comments:

  1. The film is the reason why I read the books. I liked the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone movie more than the book, actually. Still, they are both very wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree! Although I did read these before the movies. I liked the idea of magic and everything. I remember in 6th grade our teacher read to us for a short time from it. Then I think it was later that Xmas--I must have asked for it but can't remember--my grandma got me the first book.

    Of course this is just how I am remembering it. I could be wrong. But for some reason I have cemented that as a memory!

    Yeah, the owls must have lost my letter too!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. New follower! Love Harry Potter. It'll never get old.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Harry Potter! I recently reread the first book! All of the magic and characters and the story is just amazing!

    New follower :)

    Here's my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame the owls lost my Hogwarts letter, too :) If only!

    I definitely think HP is a series that deserves all the hype surrounding it. Even now, there is tons of hype about HP, 5 years after the final installment was released. AMAZING!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I didn't think of Harry Potter for this one. It's just on another level from other books entirely. Great answer!

    My follow friday! Please visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Harry Potter and miss it. I wish it hadn't ended.

    New Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked Harry Potter too! :)

    New Follower via GFC

    My FF post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice ;)
    Old follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow_21.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).