'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 14 September 2012

Feature & Follow #6


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Escapism from Reality & Readers Confession

Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle: Fifty Shades of Grey; Fifty Shades Darker; Fifty Shades FreedQ: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

Fifty Shades without a doubt. I remember reading an extract on Amazon before everyone went crazy about it and just being completely put off by the awful and, in a sense, immature writing style of it. Admittedly, everyone went nuts so I thought right let's see what this is all about. The first book = awful. The second = better. The third = to be confirmed. It's still sat in a pile!

xxx


23 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades!!!
    I am so dying to read that trilogy, let's see now how it goes... :)

    Here's my F&FF post.

    New follower here!

    -Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is one popular pick today! I never read it myself and have no intention to do so either. Guess I am not missing much!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the third vote for fifty shades I've come across and I haven't even clicked many FF links yet :-) No intention of reading the series, but my friends are still trying to get me to pick it up.
    Follower on GFC.
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! Those books... are just a yucky waste of paper.

    I'm a new gfc follower. :)
    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/09/ff-feature-and-follow-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is because of all that hype why i haven't read this series, but something tells me i won't like it anyway.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-and-follow-914.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not interested at all in this series. It just looks so meh! & everyone seems to agree with you. A lot of bloggers have this book as their answer to the question. lol.

    New follower via GFC!
    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. Everyone is in agreement about that one :D I agree about the waste of paper..
    *new Follower*
    Bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Excellent choice! Thanks for following!

    New follower!
    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Fifty Shades, but was disappointed with the last book.
    New Follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in complete agreement! New follower :)

    Read my post at: http://projectreadandreview.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/follow-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read 50 Shades, but I've heard more than enough about it from my wife to stay far away. She's persevered to the third book, but only because she's curious how it all ends. She's actually quite bored with it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read 50 Shades and I don't plan to because of what I heard about it. Thanks for stopping by and new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of people have choose this book. So I guess it's really bad! Thanks for the warning! :)

    New follower, thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still all aghast at the fact that this one is the number one book for like weeks. WTFery at it's finest. Thanks for hopping! XOXO - Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I haven't read Fifty Shades yet but it seems that everyone and their sister has. I still plan on eventually reading them just so I can give a honest opinion about them!

    Followed you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 50 shades, I read the entire trilogy. It was ok. I kinda liked it! I can admit it..lolz..
    It got a bit corny and repetitive by book 3. A cheezy guilty pleasure.
    Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only sampled 50 Shades, but I think you nailed it with your 'immature' comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really hope people hurry up and get over this series. I'm glad they're being recognized this week for their mastery of the over-hype.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Old follower

    I won't be reading this one!!
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read them, thanks for making me feel ok with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by.
    Returning the favour.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This series certainly seems to be the most popular by far for overhype.
    New follower and new to FF.
    Thanks
    I.M.
    http://adventitiousreading.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).