'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Blogger-block.

Funny Cry For Help Ecard: I'm an angry writer-type who hasn't written shit.This must exist, surely? I suppose it's the exact same thing as writers block. I cannot for the life of me get into writing reviews for books at the moment. Two and Twenty Dark Tales has been read and is patiently waiting its accompanying review, The Immortal Rules has just been finished today and now also waiting for a review, but can I be bothered to open up a Word document? No. Not even slightly. It's incredibly frustrating considering I am now officially enrolled onto my Masters and the course starts on the 1st of October - pleasure reading will be few and far between in those few months. The book reviews will likely be a of Medieval, Victorian and feminist texts - not a bad thing at all, but it is sad to have to give the ole paranormal/ dystopian genres a rest.

On the plus side, I've finally picked up Veronica Roth's Divergent :). It has been sat ever so nicely in my room for the past few months and I decided it's time to pick it up. Probably one of the very few that have yet to read it but I'm really looking forward to it. One chapter in and already loving it :) keep up the good worth Ms. Roth!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I have far worse bloggers block than you believe me! I have about 10 books that I've read recently and haven't yet reviewed even though I have a little review book and all notes for them have been written down and stuff. It took me like a fortnight to write my review of Throne of Glass! So bad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe it exists. I am in a similar boat. I have a review that needs written so it can be posted and then no idea what to post for my usual Monday posts at all. I think Blogger-block is harder to get out of than Writer's block is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awful! My books-to-be-read-for-review pile is massive as well and I just can't seem to bring myself to read them never mind review :/.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).