'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

WWW Wednesdays #4 & Waiting on Wednesday #2


Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).

The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)What are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Kristin Cashore's Graceling. So far I'm really enjoying it! I was a bit put off when my book arrived with a caption of a review: '[This]exquisitely drawn romance... will slake the thirst of Twilight fans' (Publishers Weekly) as I loved Twilight when it was initially published but am in no hurry to read something similar being six/seven years older. So far there is only one little thing that had made go 'erm, what?' and it reminds me nothing of Twilight! :)



The Scorpio RacesWhat did you recently finish reading?

I recently finished The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I absolutely loved it. The start was a bit slow and I couldn't see myself getting into the whole water horse thing but it soon turned itself around. In the process of writing a review for it so it shouldn't be too long until it's published on my blog. I loved the characters of Puck and Sean, totally identifiable and likeable :).




The Penelopiad (Canongate Myths)What do you think you'll read next?

Good question.I've bought and received so many books lately that I don't know where to start! I think I'll probably go for The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. I set myself a challenge to read as many of her works as I can and she is a massive interest. Considering studying her as part of my Masters dissertation. It will  allow me to knock two books off challenge wise as well - Awesome August J. R. Ward challenge and my own Gotta Have a Bit of Atwood challenge :). 

-x-


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on! :) So as promised in my last post, the woman herself:
J. R. Ward - Lover at Last

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

Synopsis

In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.
This is the eleventh novel in the stunning No. 1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood series - the hotly anticipated story that finally unites Blay and Qhuinn . . . forever.

That's the only synopsis I can find on the book so far! I am so excited to read this book - I absolutely adore the BDB series. They're action packed, emotional and absolutely hysterical. I wish I had my own Blackdagger Sisterhood to be a part of! Their bonds are amazing and I cannot wait to see what J. R. Ward has up her sleeve for us! Blay and Qhuinn's turmoil has been going on for so long, I'm not sure how much more us fans can handle!

Release Date: 26 March, 2013

xxx


16 comments:

  1. Sooo, many ppl are excited for JR Wards book! I'm sooo behind in the series, ugh, not enough time to read everything1 Great choice!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Atwood is an author I've been meaning to start reading, beginning with the Handmaid's Tale.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday and Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Graceling and The Scorpio Races. And I can't believe I still haven't read anything by Atwood yet!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeeee Graceling, although the sequel Fire is my favorite, and I just finished Scorpio Races too! I'm so glad you enjoyed it as I did as well! Wonderful post!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy on the cover of Lover at Last looks really hot! XD Thanks for stopping by at mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love JR Ward!!! I still have to read the last 3 books in the BDB series but I can't wait for Lover at Last!! Great picks! Thanks for stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Margaret Atwood. She's such a fantastic writer :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/www-wednesdays_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dislike how pubs always want to compare one book to another just because its popular...even if the thread connecting the two is slim. I did really enjoy Graceling though but loved Fire even more. I hope to get to Bitterblue at some point but there is always so much to read there just never seems to be enough time.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read that series at all but Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW =]
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm soooooooooo excited for this one! I want to make it my WoW, but I'm going to wait until she releases the actual synopsis first because we've only been given the cover really.

    I can't wait for it though! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Livvy @Nerdy Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not big on romance, but it seems like a cool plot nonetheless. Cool to see you're reading Graceling. I've been meaning to get around to that!

    C.J.
    My WOW: http://cjlistro.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-not-exactly-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting pick, I have to say I haven't heard of it but always love finding new books to read! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Savindi @ The Streetlight Reader

    I have to admit that I haven't heard of this series until now. The premise of the story seems really interesting. Great post :) And thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm currently reading Graceling as well! I'm really liking it. It took me a while to get into though. I really started liking it once Po was in the picture. :) I'm almost done with it, but I'm not sure that I want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lover at Last has got so much to live up to, I just hope we're not all disappointed! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the first book, Looks like a kick butt girl who can handle anything ... maybe.
    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).