'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

WWW Wednesday :)


Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).

The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

The Scorpio RacesWhat are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Maggie Stiefvater's The Scorpio Races. It's a book which I bought at the beginning of 
summer and have been eager to start reading. I'm just over a 100 pages into the book now and so far I'm not feeling too positive about it! Not quite sure that water horses are my thing to read about, BUT it's only the beginning so the book has a loooong time to get better :).

The Memory GardenWhat did you recently finish?
I recently finished reading Rachel Hore's The Memory Garden. It's not a book which I'd usually look at never mind buy, but I absolutely loved it! It's a romance and I loved it so much I've immediately ordered 
another of her books :) it's nice to take a shine to something that's a bit different to my usual 'darker' genres. 

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)What do you think you'll read next?
Errrm, I think next I will read Graceling by Kristin Cashore. It's a book I bought awhile ago but just haven't got round to reading it yet. I'm a bit gutted about the cover which my book has - I really liked the one with the sword on it! Lol meh :) so fingers crossed it will be as good as it sounds :).


xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Graceling! And Scorpio races too (tho I loved all the black beauty books when I was a kid) but it has that stuff plus the creepy water horse stuff, there is one particular scene - freaky! Hopefully you like them too :) My WWW is here:
    http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/www-wednesdays-august-8th/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Graceling but my favorite in the series is Fire. I still haven't read Bitterblue yet but from what I've heard I don't think it will trump my love of Fire.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).