'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

WWW Wednesday #6/ Waiting on Wednesday #4


Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).
The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)What are you currently reading?

 I'm currently reading Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James. I know, I know, I trashed the first book in the series but I couldn't resist finding out more about the elusive Christian Grey. So far I will admit this book is better than the first in the sense that it has an actual story line BUT, the smutty scenes are still irritating, the vocabulary is still very limited and I still cannot stand the figure of Ana Steele. If anyone needs a good shake it's her! Haha.


What did you recently finish reading?
Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
I recently finished Kristin Cashore's Fire. I really enjoyed it. Everyone that had spoken of the book said that it was a lot better than Graceling which I loved anyway! So I was really looking forward to reading this. Needless to say, I really did enjoy this book BUT I disagree with it being above Graceling. Out of the two I've read so far, it is still my favourite. Really looking forward to reading Bitterblue and *fingers crossed* she writes more! :)


 
13 (Women of the Otherworld, #13)What do you think you'll read next?


Probably 13 by Kelley Armstrong. I think I've been putting it off so long just to prelong the ending of the series. I'm not sure though. The Works book shop has had a sale on recently due to its moving location so I nabbed four books for £3.96 yesterday! Plus my to-review pile is massive. I keep meaning to finish reading George R. R. Martin's series; A Song of Ice and Fire as well but just can't seem to get round to it!


-x-

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). This weeks book is a book which has been out for awhile but I've recently ordered from eBay:

 
The Vagina Monologues - Eve Ensler
The Vagina Monologues

Summary:
"I was worried about vaginas. I was worried about what we think about vaginas, and even more worried that we don't think about them. . . . So I decided to talk to women about their vaginas, to do vagina interviews, which became vagina monologues. I talked with over two hundred women. I talked to old women, young women, married women, single women, lesbians, college professors, actors, corporate professionals, sex workers, African American women, Hispanic women, Asian American women, Native American women, Caucasian women, Jewish women. At first women were reluctant to talk. They were a little shy. But once they got going, you couldn't stop them."
So begins Eve Ensler's hilarious, eye-opening tour into the last frontier, the forbidden zone at the heart of every woman. Adapted from the award-winning one-woman show that's rocked audiences around the world, this groundbreaking book gives voice to a chorus of lusty, outrageous, poignant, and thoroughly human stories, transforming the question mark hovering over the female anatomy into a permanent victory sign. With laughter and compassion, Ensler transports her audiences to a world we've never dared to know, guaranteeing that no one who reads The Vagina Monologues will ever look at a woman's body the same way again.

I think it sounds absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to read it, so it may actually be my next book. It's something I really want to use on my Masters course as well so here's hoping. My inner feminist is doing a little jig right now, lol!

So, what are you guys reading and looking forward to reading this week? :)

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Until recently I was reading five books at once! (Dah!) Like you, I'm trying to finish the fifth book of A Song of Fire and Ice. I have to restrain myself from starting anything new until I finish the other three, so that's what I'm working one. :D Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look and sound of your WOW book...I've heard good things about it....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13 looks really interesting. I'll have to check it out :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/www-wednesdays_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interest WoW choice! It sounds familiar too...

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's safe to say your WoW had me hiding and cringing. It's probably a book I really could not bring myself to read, no matter how enticing they try to make it!

    Check out my Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).