'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Www Wednesday #5 / Waiting on Wednesday #3



Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, a meme which I'm actively taking part in in which we show off the books we've read, we're reading and going to read :).


The rules are simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)What are you currently reading?

 I'm currently reading Jennifer Selzer and Daniel Huber's Legend of the Chosen. It is a book which I accepted for review - the summary just sounded so, so good, I couldn't resist! Having not long read Gibson's Neuromancer, I was desperate for the sci-fi genre to redeem itself and this sounded like the perfect book :). At the beginning I was a little unsure (part of this could have been my trying to recover from that god-awful book) but I persevered and am so glad of this. Currently at 90% of the way through and am wondering how long I'll have to wait for the next one!



What did you recently finish reading?

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
I recently finished Kristin Cashore's Graceling. I loved, loved, loved, looooooooved it! (read in Carrie Bradshaw style enthusiasm). It was a wonderful book and, even though I have many highly rated books not all allow me to fully immerse myself within the world it portrays. This book managed to that more than successfully and I felt completely disorientated coming out of it. It has made itself ever so comfortably at home on my favourite-books shelf just waiting to be cracked open again :). 5/5*!



 What do you think you'll read next?


Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)Without a shadow of a doubt - Kristin Cashore's Fire. I told you I couldn't get enough of the Seven Kingdoms! I nabbed this off Ebay for £3 and it arrived yesterday so am looking forward to sinking my teeth into it. Many have said that this book is the better out of the first two so I'm eager to see what's going on! The only downside is that I think the alternative cover is so unbelievably beautiful, look at it! How lovely is that? I suppose the one above isn't all that bad ;).
-x-


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). This week is a difficult one as apart from J. R. Ward and J. K Rowling I'm quite patient with waiting for books to come out. There aren't many which make me go HURRRRYYYYY UP! But, I am looking forward to reading a whole different J. K. Rowling in her new book:
J. K. Rowling - The Casual Vacancy

The Casual Vacancy

Synopsis:When Barry Fairweather dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

It sounds like something completely different. In all honesty, the summary really doesn't blow me away. I'm a little worried that she is going to be a case of Harry Potter and that's it. I really hope I'm proven wrong and that it is just as mind blowing as her previous books. I think we are all eager for our fix of J. K. Rowling after the ending of Harry Potter so *fingers crossssssed*. She is an incredibly talented woman, so I'm holding onto the hope that she will blow us all away once again! :)


xxx

12 comments:

  1. I loooove Harry Potter, I just don't know if I want to read this one. I have sooooo many books, too many books, that I still have to read. It's getting sad that I don't have the time that I used to.

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loved Graceling too...and loved Fire even more. Although it took me several tries to get into Fire before I moved from print to audio. But in the end I fell more in love with it than Graceling. I've been avoiding Bitterblue because I don't want the series to end.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about this one. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3369

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowling's new book sounds like such a departure from HP that I don't think I want to read it - it just doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. I think it's definitely being marketed to a different group of people, so I wouldn't be surprised if many of us ended up feeling the same!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just couldn't get into the HP books...but I do admire J.K. Rowling...so I definitely want to read her first adult book.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Graceling!

    I'm in two minds about reading JK's new book, so I think I'm just going to wait until I can get a cheap copy at a charity shop or something, because it's so damn expensive!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all look like good books. I'm really curious about Rowling's next book as well. It'll be hard to top Harry Potter.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, Harry Potter is always going to be huge for her, but I am also looking forward to her new book. It sounds very cool.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/www-wednesdays_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh....she's writing another book. Sounds interesting! Great pick and thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOH I hadn't thought of that book! and I enjoyed Graceling too ^-^
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/wow-www.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh definitely a fantastic pick. I can't wait to go and get my copy from the stores in a few weeks! :)

    I put it on pre-order so I'll be looking forward to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting WOW choice. I hope you really like the new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).