'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday!



Today I'm going to once again participate in a meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading : Teaser Tuesday! What must be done is:
*Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Scorpio RacesThis weeks teaser is coming from Maggie Stiefvater's The Scorpio Races:
  It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

Teasers:

'In my head, I trace the steps we'd have to take to get back to the house: around the other side of the lean-t0, down two sections of fence, over the metal-tube gate, then five metres to the door. Maybe one of us would get over the gate in time. That's not enough.' (p. 273).

So that's this weeks teasers :). I'd love to read yours!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow great Teaser!!! I have a signed copy of this on my shelf that I haven't picked up yet! Did you finish reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I haven't heard of this book but it sounds amazing! Adding to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! :D


    Here's My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair (old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys like it :). I've not finished reading it yet, barely started so am looking forward to finding out how the book goes! :) Will be sure to review it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie Stiefvater is such a great author. I really enjoyed this book and hope you do as well.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't of this one, but great teasers!
    Thanks for droppin by my TT.
    Btw, would you like to join my giveaway?
    Michelle from Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard such great things about this one ~ been trying to get my daughter to read it but maybe I should just do it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).