'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Showcase Sunday #9


It's the time of the week again where we all get to show off our lovely book buys, freebies and books up for review. Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and here is where I should be showing off all the lovely buys this week. I'm trying to cut down on book buying/ galley requesting as I'll have to throw myself into course reading very soon and want to get all these reviews up and running by then :( boo, is there a book rehab?

Books:
13 (Women of the Otherworld, #13) 

NetGalley:
    The Werewolf of Paris

Kindle:
Oryx And Crake
I'm waiting for either an approval or decline on another 3 galleys but so far so good with the cutting back! :) And, Atwood is a potential course text so even attempting a bit of early reading. Brownie points surely? So, what've you guys been buying this week?

xxx

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a quiet week, but I understand the need for quiet weeks! haha.

    13 looks very interesting.

    And I have to say, I'm doing the same with cutting down on buying/requesting (or trying to!) haha.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I adored 13! It was a great end to the series. Kelley did an amazing job! Hope you enjoy all your reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to going back to uni but having to read all the course books is something I'm not looking forward too :( Enjoy all of your new books I need to stop buying/requesting books as my TBR pile is massive!

    Here's my Showcase Sunday post if you want to take a peek: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any of these books, but after checking them out: 13 looks good! Happy reading :D

    Come and visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13 was incredible! I love that series so much!
    My Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13 sounds amazing, I keep meaning to read that one. I haven't heard of the other two, but they look good! Enjoy! =) xx
    My SS:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-6-zoe-went-crazy-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these before, but the look great! Happy Reading! :)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so can't wait to read 13!!!! Great haul:)

    Andrea Heltsley Books~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul this week! Enjoy all these new books!
    Happy Reading,
    Dani
    My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO need to pick up one of Atwood's books!! They've been on my wishlist for ages. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Leah. Unfortunately, there's no book rehab. The answer to book addiction is to buy and read more books HAHAHA (evil laugh from a book addict).. LOL.

    Well, you really have a great collection here. I think I'm interested in Oryx and Crake. I'll check that one out.

    I'm Ara, by the way. Saw your group message on Blogaholic. New follower via Networked blogs and Linky. Already a follower via GFC. :D

    You can find my blog at My Book and My Coffee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).