'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 19 August 2012

Showcase Sunday #8

It's the time of the week again where we all get to show off our lovely book buys, freebies and books up for review. Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and here is where I should be showing off all the lovely buys this week. I've gone a bit mental with books this week. Honestly, my to-read pile is getting ridiculous. Far too click-happy on NetGalley - I need to stop myself!

Books:
Fingersmith The House At Riverton Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)

NetGalley:
The Bloodgate Warrior (The Maya Bloodgates, #2) Mockingbird (Miriam Black, #2) Nexus (Supernova Saga, #3) The Summer Country Tab Bennett and the Inbetween

I'm hoping to win on my Ebay bid of Kelley Armstrong's '13' tonight as well, so fingers crossed for another to add to my pile! :) What have you guys been buying?

xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Waters, haven't read Fingersmith yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul this week! You always get such lovely books to read. I have already added a few of these to my TBR list.
    Happy Reading,
    Dani (new follower)

    My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire's great, it took me a while to get into it for some reason, but when I did it was as good as Graceling...my favourite's Bitterblue :-)
    Happy reading.
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire looks good!Thanks for stopping by!

    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I love the cover of Fire!! It's so much prettier than the US one! Great haul this week!! Thanks for stopping by!

    My Showcase Sunday

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! Jes Young's book looks pretty cool! Read a good review on it so it might eventually make its way to my TBR mountain! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :o The UK cover for Fire is gorgeous! Hope you enjoy it!

    And I agree with you - I have to stop requesting things on NetGalley x__x But it's so addicting! Happy reading :D

    My StS if you want to check it out (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books! I love the sound of Mockingbird, so I will look forward to your review. The covers of all this books are gorgeous! Happy reading! :)
    New follower, love your blog. Your title is so unique! :) x
    My SS:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-4_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool haul! Amazing covers , hope you enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Kate Morton book looks really good!! I'll have to check it out on GR. Great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of those books, but they all look fantastic, really diverse and interesting! I loved the one Waters book I've read, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think of Fingersmith!

    Steph @ SteppingOutOfThePage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).