'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Showcase Sunday #7


It's the time of the week again where we all get to show off our lovely book buys, freebies and books up for review. Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and here is where I should be showing off all the lovely buys this week. I've been pretty well restrained and have bought no paperbacks this week! I have nabbed up two kindle freebies, one cheap book for my Kindle and a few books up for review via NetGalley/ authors:

Kindle 
Damon  Being Mrs. Dracula  The Moon Maiden

NetGalley
Forbidden (The World of Nightwalkers, #1)  Beyond the Wall: Exploring George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, From A Game of Thrones to A Dance with Dragons

Review Requests
GODMACHINE  Other Systems  At the End: A Post-apocalyptic Novel

Considering all I've spent on books this week has been 77p that's not a bad haul at all! :)

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Being Mrs Dracula sounds interesting.Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't heard of any of these but they look quite interesting. I hope you enjoy them!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower and I look forward to your reviews of the books you got this week!

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I have forbidden and I'm soo excited for it! It looks really good!

    Looks like a great haul this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad haul at all :) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).