'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 31 August 2012

Feature & Follow #4


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.

                         Featured Blogs: Nette's Bookshelf & Cheerful Reviews

The PenelopiadQ (Alison Can Read): Best cover? What is the best cover of a book that you've read and loved?


Hmmm, good question. There are so many lovely covers and I'm terrible for judging books by their covers. It's so nice to look at your books and they're so pretty haha. I thinkkkk I'm going to pick The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. It just looks really cool! It's a shame it's only on my Kindle. May have to buy a hard copy for the shelves.


Neuromancer (Sprawl Trilogy, #1)Q (Parajunkee): What is the best cover of a book that you’ve read and didn’t like?

Awkward. I tend to just go off books because of their content no matter what their wrapping is. If I had to chose, I'd probably go for William Gibson's Neuromancer. I absolutely hated the book, didn't understand it, didn't like it. Have no interest in even trying to understand it, BUT the cover is pretty cool :). 


xxx


12 comments:

  1. I like that you answered both questions! The first cover is really interesting looking.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either of these books, but based on covers alone I'd be tempted to pick them up!

    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read either book. Covers are pretty interesting too!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't even noticed that Alison and Parajunkee had different questions... I must have been even more tired this morning than I though I was.

    I am linky and RSS following you :)

    Here's my FF post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice picks! I haven't heard of the Penelopiad though.
    Thanks for stopping by, I'm an old follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. It cracks me up that there are different versions of the questions all over the place this week!

    Happy Friday and following back :)

    OtherwhereCo FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy Margaret Atwood.. I would like to read more of her :) Thanks for stopping by! New Follower! Have a great weekend, Leah

    ~Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read either book, but I suppose they're not in my usual genre. Thanks for sharing :D

    New Follower!

    ~ Moosubi Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leah! I hhaven't heard of either of these books. Shame you didn't like them. Thanks for following my blog. Returning the favour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neuromancer? That title doesn't even sound appealing.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog this week! I'm following ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of either of these! Thanks for bringing them to my attention. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and following! I'll be following via GFC. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answers!! They both have unusual covers....
    Thanx for visiting my FF

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).