'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 24 August 2012

Feature and Follow #3


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.

                         Featured Blogs: AwesomeSauce Bookclub & Book Me

The Question

The Little StrangerQ: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?


Ha wow, what a question! This is quite a difficult one. I'm going to go for Sarah Waters The Little Stranger. It was a book which I had to read as part of my course and wow am I glad I got to. It ignited my love of the woman and can't wait to read the next books. I picked this as the worst cover as it just looks so unbelievably bland. There was nothing to it and I very much doubt I'd have picked it up in a shop at all if it hadn't been a compulsory text. Thankfully it was, highly recommended guys! :)



xxx

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier to comment and follow! I am following back.

    That cover is like a kindle cover :) it's almost in-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen a lot worse, today especially, but it's not very exciting is it?
    Thanks for stopping by, followed you back! Hooray!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't know this one but even it's it's simple I like this one.

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is just too simple for me. I like to think covers are a snapshot of the story, but this doesn't really tell you anything.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I'm now following your blog. Here's my link:

    Grant Morris on Writing, etc.

    Have a wonderful Friday :)

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is pretty boring. New follower!
    My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of that book. New GFC follower.

    Here's my FF - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm.. never heard of this book either *guilty* a lot of the books on the FF posts I have never heard of.. now I feel bad.. *following you back*

    ~Ariella @ A Sprinkle of Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. I would never have given it a second look. How can the publisher be so unimaginative? I'm a new follower to your beautiful blog. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some kind of image would have probably livened the cover up a bit instead of just having plain text.

    Thanks for stopping by and following! Following you back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bland covers don't make me think too exciting of thoughts for a book's premise. I'm glad you found this book enjoyable though. Thanks too for becoming a follower of my site. I'm now following you back via GFC.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are many books with covers like that one.. just the name of the book and the author and it looks so simple they should try sth else :)
    Thanks for the follow... following you back!
    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha I probably would not have read that book! New Follower :) Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have appreciated at least one tiny image there. It really is too bland. Thank you for following back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Thanks for checking out my blog and following. I am an old follower : ) I really liked this book to, but the cover it a bit boring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh. Eeek. Glad you loved the book :) The cover? Not so much lol. It def is bland. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following you back <3

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).