'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 3 August 2012

Exhausted!


Having just finished reading J. R. Ward's The Blackdagger Brotherhood: An Insiders Guide and I am feeling absolutely exhausted! I'm not going to post a review about this book because well, for no other reason than that I just really don't want to review every book that I read. It would make reading feel like far too much of a chore. I haven't got a clue why I've been left feeling so completely drained after reading that book. I loved it, it was so insightful to see how Ward writes, her original proposal, deleted scenes. It was great. It does make me wonder though of the difficulty for her to differentiate between what is real and what isn't. She is certainly an inspiration though, if I could write and have a tiny part of the success she's had with the 'Brothers' and her 'Fallen Angels' series I would be more than content.

Haven't long finished writing up a review for Crashing Eden and am looking forward to being a part of upping the publicity of the book shortly :). I'm at a loss now as to what to read next. I bought the latest in George R. R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire and also, to my shame... the second book within the Fifty Shades trilogy. I'm intrigued as to whyyyyy Christian Grey is so messed up! In all honesty, I feel that in order to earn the right to rant and whinge and moan about a book you really must read it first. It gives your argument a bit of stability and at least then you've tried to give it a chance :). Who knows, it might be better than the last? Not that that is an incredibly difficult task... lol. 

So what to read, what to read, what to read. I have so many books to choose from, whether it's on my Kindle or actual paperbacks. Paperbacks wise I have:


Incubus (Fairwick Chronicles, #1) Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) The Scorpio RacesThe Penguin Book of Classical MythsA Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3 part 1) The Memory Garden Divergent (Divergent, #1) A Hunger Like No Other Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) Dead Sea Deception

I'm not even gonna bother putting up all that is on my Kindle to-read list! Thinking I may go for something a bit different and finally crack open The Penguin Book of Classical Myths by Jenny March. It's a book I bought back at the start of June when I was reading Madeline Miller's A Song of Achilles (very good book, btw). It'll give my mind a nice awakening I think to learn about some new stuff :) feeling a bit stale having had so much time off. This summer 'holiday' started on the 12th of May and it doesn't end until the 30th of September. *Fingers crossed* on hopefully having a job at the place my boyfriend works!

On a very cheerful note, picking up the keys to my house for my final year at Swansea University tomorrow! Bring on the Masters in English! :D

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Nice selection of books :) Incubus has such a great cover.

    Divergent was pretty good, but if you're already feeling drained from your other book, don't pick up this one. It'll only add to your exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love books with awesome covers. Some I just have to buy because of it! An e-book isn't always enough haha. It's the same with series which I love.

    Gone for a bit of critical reading with Classical Myths and a bit of fluff with 'The Memory Garden' :) take me out of the dark but amazing world of the BDB lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).