'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 20 August 2012

Attempting to get technical!

I've had my blog for coming up to three months so have decided it's about time I attempted designing myself a button! The blogs which I follow have some really lovely ones and I have no idea where to even start with planning mine! I love to draw but I don't think my skills are anywhere near good enough to actually become a blog button. How did you guys go about designing yours? Any tips are definitely welcome, I am totally out of my depth with the whole Photoshop thing. I may have to ask my lovely boyfriend Phill for some help with regards to that, but playing around is always fun!

As awkward and unbelievably cheap this sounds, I really don't want to pay for one and really want my own individual button (I have a masters to fund somehow!) so it looks like it's going to become yet another learning process through my blog. I'm so proud of how much it's beginning to grow in such a short time - completely in awe of those of you who have been blogging for even less time and are soooo successful with it :). It's like having a baby! A little worried about how it's going to go during my actual course at university, hoping that reviewing the books which I will have to read will help and go alongside the essays I will have to do.

Next blogging steps:

☯ Design a blog button
☯ Painfully await the 6 month mark of having a blog to begin requesting ARCs
☯ Start learning how to create a personal template
☯ Get up to date with reading books up for review!
Currently reading for review:
Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)
Amazon    GR   Two Fold Press

xxx

2 comments:

  1. If you can take a good picture/improve your drawing skills [plus you have some perfect fonts in mind (download some if you don't)], it's easy to create a button. Heck, you could even do it on free programs such as Paint or Paint.Net (save the file in .png if you want it to be in its original format).

    The hard part is finding the theme. What will be your logo?

    For the personal template, you may want to look at some online tutorials for that. It depends on which program you use (e.g. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update us with your progress, and how you end up doing this! I'd love a walk-thru post, since I'm in the same boat. If it seems like you're the only one who doesn't know these things, rest assured there's always me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).