'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 25 July 2012

WWW Wednesdays!

I've been blogging for roughly two months now and this weekly meme keeps appearing so I thought I'd give it a go this week! Seems like a week full of memes for me :). Wednesday's meme is hosted over at Should Be Reading, she is keeping me very much occupied this week!

This one is simple. All that has to be done is to answer the following three questions:

What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

My answers are:

Daughter of Smoke and BoneWhat are you currently reading?
   This book is amazing so far! I'm 67% of the way through and am dreading coming to the end. The follow up isn't available to buy yet! Boo. It's a book that I've had for awhile but hadn't got round to picking it up and now I'm wondering what took me so long?! The only downside is that the book is on my Kindle. Look at that amazing cover! I may have to buy it at some point just to have it on my book shelf :).




OthersWhat did you recently finish?

  I was a bit weary at first when buying this book. It isn't something I'd usually snap up but for 50p it seemed worth it just because it intrigued me! Having finished it I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it despite the 4/5* rating given on Goodreads. It is a crime novel with hints of the supernatural, for instance there is a clairvoyant (a 'genuine' one apparently) but it misses something. I think I just missed all of my paranormal characters! Despite this, it deserves the rating as it succeeds in deeply disturbing you (as it sets out to do). The worst is reading the author's summary at the back confirming that it is based on a true accounts!

Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)What do you think you'll be reading next?

 This is my next read. It's a book which was one of three set to me to read as part of a challenge within a group on Goodreads. I am looking forward to reading it although it's a little different from the usual! I gave the cover the benefit of the doubt as it isn't the most eye-catching but hey that doesn't mean the inside isn't going to be amazing :). The challenge is to read, rate and review the book. There is to be a twist at the end of the challenge so we shall see how it goes!



Post your links to your WWW Wednesday posts! I'd love to read about your WWW's of the past week :).

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I haven’t heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all!

    You can find my WWW post here:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/www-wednesdays-july-25.html

    Happy reading! :)

    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Daughter of Smoke & Bone too - don't you just want to visit Prague now :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was umming and aahing over whether to buy Daughter of Smoke of Bone the other day so will have to see what you have to say about it in your review before I eventually get it :)

    -Becca@lost in thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/www-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *LOVED* Daughter of Smoke and Bone...I listened to that one on audio and was enthralled. I can not wait for book 2!

    My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I've been wanting to read that. Though my TBR is currently long and so much books to buy! Rawr.
    Haha
    Anyway, here's mine:
    Michelle Shouts Random: WWW Wednesdays
    P.S I'm a new follower! And--happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).