'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 19 July 2012

While I'm At It....

Since I'm adding what challenges I'm doing I thought I'd add the one I'm taking part in on Goodreads. The challenge is to set yourself a goal of a certain number of books to read within the year. Mine is 60 books to read in 2012. So far I'm a little behind on that  but this summer is certainly helping to speed the process up a bit!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Leah has read 59 books toward her goal of 60 books.
hide

Here is a list of the books which I have read so far:

Peter Ackroyd - Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem
Kelley Armstrong - 13
Kelley Armstrong - Angelic
Kelley Armstrong - Hunting Kat
Kelley Armstrong - The Hunter and The Hunted
K. Armstrong, L. Handeland, K. Harrison, L. Sands - Dates From Hell
Margaret Atwood - I'm Starved for You
Margaret Atwood - The Penelopiad 
Aphra Behn - Oroonoko
Nina Berry, Sarwat Chadda, Shannon Delany - Two and Twenty Dark Tales
S. M. Boyce - The Grimoire: Lichgates
Kristin Cashore - Fire
Kristin Cashore - Graceling
Kendra Leigh Castle - Shadow Rising
Barbara Chase-Riboud - Hottentot Venus
Cynthia Joyce Clay - New Myths of the Feminine Divine
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games
Suzanne Collins - Catching Fire
Suzanne Collins - Mockingjay
J.C. Daniels - Blade Runner
Daniel Defoe - Roxana
Eve Ensler - The Vagina Monologues
J. G. Farrell - The Siege of Krishnapur
Richard Flanagan - Wanting
Jeaniene Frost - Halfway to the Grave
Deborah Harkness - A Discovery of Witches
James Herbert - Others
Rachel Hore - The Memory Garden
Elizabeth Hunter - A Hidden Fire
E. L. James - Fifty Shades of Grey
E. L. James - Fifty Shades Darker
Ben Jonson - Volpone
Julie Kagawa - The Immortal Rules
D. H. Lawrence - Women in Love
Sarah J Maas - Throne of Glass
Gemma Malley - The Declaration
Madeline Miller - The Song of Achilles
John Milton - Paradise Lost: Book 1Alexander Pope - Eloisa to Abelard 
Judith Post - Empty Altars
Chris Rakunas - Tears for the Mountain
J. D. Robb - Conspiracy in Death
Nora Roberts - Morrigan's Cross
Veronica Roth - Divergent
Jennifer Selzer, Daniel Huber - Legend of the Chosen 
William Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
William Shakespeare - The Tempest
Belinda Starling - The Journal of Dora Damage
Maggie Stiefvater - The Raven Boys
Maggie Stiefvater - The Scorpio Races
Michael Sussman - Crashing Eden
Laini Taylor - Daughter of Smoke and Bone
J. R. Ward - Crave
J. R. Ward - Envy
J. R. Ward - Lover Reborn
J. R. Ward - Rapture
J. R. Ward - The Blackdagger Brotherhood: An Insiders Guide

Sarah Waters - Fingersmith
Sarah Waters - Tipping the Velvet
W. B. Yeats - The Collected Poems


4 comments:

  1. If I don't pick up my reading pace, I will not make my GR Challenge reading goal. I pretty much don't get any reading done in December- with Christmas and preparing for New Year's, too. So, if I'm not ahead by the end of November- by about 15-20 books, I probably won't meet my goal. Plus, I named my blog 365 books a year, so if I don't hit that, then really, I'm a fraud. Right? (My GR challenge goal is 400 so even if I come in 35 books under, I'll make 365 books.) I'm currently 17 books behind my goal of 400.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 400 books! That is a challenge! Do you manage a book a day to get 365 or? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, You have been nominated for the Liebster Award :)

    Find more information at:
    http://musings-over-nothing.blogspot.in/2012/07/oh-my-luck-leibster.html#.UAko_WG_EXc

    Just comment on the blog about your interest in participating in the challenge :)

    Love
    Elgee / Gayathri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! Thank you :) Just having a browse and figuring it out! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).