'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 8 July 2012

That time of the week again :)

So, it's the time of the week again where I'll be taking part in Showcase Sunday where I will be showing off all the books - or lack of as this week has shown - that I've bought! This lovely meme is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea :).


Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
This week has been relatively uneventful in my purchasing of books, but I will admit, I've given into the book that's been headlining  EVERYTHING lately. Yup, I've started reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I am 64% into it and honestly can't see me buying the next two.... thank God this one was free! Fingers crossed for the book to progress because it is so ridiculous. Seriously, WHO lets's men treat them like that?! Especially for a first timer... It is literally like an x-rated Twilight,  minus the sparkly vampires and scantly clad werewolves. Worst bit is, I liked Twilight. 

Anyway, this isn't what the blog is about! I've spent the week finishing and posting up some review so next week should be a lot better for freebies :). I've put in a request to read the second book in Boyce's Grimoire trilogy - *fingers crosseeedddd* the first one was amazing!

Post a comment on here and let me know what you've all been reading this week :).

2 comments:

  1. Noooooo! Put that book down NOW! Haha my inner book snob surfaces when I see people mentioning this book haha! Good to know your not enjoying it though haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! God I know, I was exactly the same as you! Then I went to Cardiff with Sarah and she started telling me how ridiculous it was so thought I'll give it a go... shouldn't have bothered. The review will be fun :P

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).