'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday!


Today I'm going to once again participate in a really cute meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading : Teaser Tuesday! What must be done iiiiiis:


*Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Crashing EdenThis weeks book I'm going to tease you with is:
Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman.
 For one boy and his friends, the path to Paradise comes at a cost—one they may not be prepared to pay.

When a biking accident leaves 17-year-old Joss Kazdan with the ability to hear things others can't, reality as he knows it begins to unravel.

A world of legends exists beyond the ordinary life he's always known, and he is transported to the same Paradise he's studying in World Mythology. But the strange gets even stranger when his new friends build a device that delivers people through the gates of the Garden of Eden.
Now Samael, the Creator God, is furious. As Samael rains down his apocalyptic devastation on the ecstasy-seeking teens, Joss and his companions must find a way to appease Samael—or the world will be destroyed forever.

Teaser 1:
'I set the remote to low, figuring I'd ease into the thing. I closed my eyes, drew several deep breaths, and took the plunge.'
Teaser 2:
'I soared through the clouds and emerged into a moonless night sky, splattered with more twinkling stars that I'd ever seen. The beauty of the Milky Way, glowing like a molten river, was breathtaking.'

So that's my teasers for this week! A surprise for me too as I've literally just started this book :). Come share yours!

xxx


Coming soon: Review of Morrigan's Cross - Nora Roberts
                         WWW Wednesdays

6 comments:

  1. Great teasers! That looks interesting. I like the book cover!
    Thanks for droppin by mine. :)

    Michelle from Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teasers. This is the first time I'm hearing about Cashing Eden, I am adding it to my list.

    Here is our teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers! This book sounds very fast paced and exciting.

    I hope you'll stop by and visit my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This plot line sounds complicated. Let us know how it is when you're finished. :)

    Thanks for stopping my mine.

    World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two descriptive teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting concept in this one!

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday-zombie-raccoons-killer.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).