'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday!

Whilst flicking through the blogs I follow, I came across a meme that I hadn't seen before on Shreya's blog at Chocolate Coated Reviews. It's a really cute meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. It consists of the following:

*Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I thought it sounded like fun! :D

So my first ever Tuesday Teaser comes from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Teaser 1:

'It was then, turning around in the street, that she began to feel that something was off. It was a soft sensation of wrongness, but it was enough that her steps stammered to a halt and she looked around.'

Teaser 2:

'... the puppeteer sat alone, ten feet tall and sinister, with its cruel carved face and wooden hands the size of snow shovels. Karou peered behind it-it was clad in an immense trench coat-and no one was there, either. "Hello?" she called, surprised that Zuzana would have left her creation unattended. But then, 'Karou!' came from inside the thing, and the back seam of the trench parted...'


So that's my first ever Teaser Tuesday done! The book so far is awesome, something really different :). The review will be up sooner rather than later since I'm already over 40% after only a few hours!

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Great book pick and awesome teasers! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's My TT! 

    Btw...I am a new follower! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I will be adding this to my TBR list :)

    www.theworldrevolvesaroundbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to read this book! It is currently sitting on my shelf collecting dust because I haven't gotten around to it but now I will :)

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover and really intriguing teasers! Wow, even though it's not my typical read, I may have to check this one out :)

    ~Brandi
    http://twistingyourmindonewordatatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, wrote that one down :)
    Thanks for visiting me! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW lol, yay! I introduced you to a new meme ;D GLAD YOU LIKED IT ENOUGH TO START USING IT! :D I've been hesitating on DoS&B but those teasers...arrggghhh..lol, can't make up my mind anymore ;D Thanks for those teasers luv! I hope you enjoy all of the book. and thanks for stopping by mine! :D

    XOXO,
    Shreya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this book. Incredible choice of teasers (though you can't really go wrong with this one, imho). My teaser is HERE, if you're interested. New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).