'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 29 July 2012

Showcase Sunday :)


It's the time of the week again where we all get to show off our lovely book buys! Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, so here are all the lovelies I've accumulated this week:



Bought:

The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide    A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) 

Up for review:

Crashing Eden    The Super Spud Trilogy 

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more books this week, but as you can see this did not go very well for me! I blame charity shops and The Works once again. I'd been looking to buy the Blackdagger Brotherhood guide for a very long time and when I saw it in The Works for literally 49pence I could not say no! Who would have?! Absolute bargain! George R. R. Martin's book is another of his Song of Ice and Fire series which I need to add to my collection (£2!) as I bought the box set before he had published it :( boo. So, another two books bought to read!

I was asked to review the two above e-books and am looking forward to sinking my teeth into Crashing Eden. Diack's The Super Spud Trilogy is something completely out of the ordinary for me, but once he sent me the summary I couldn't say no - it sounds hysterical! 

So, I've shown you mine, now show me yours! :P

xxx


4 comments:

  1. Crashing Eden sounds really good!Thanks for stopping by!
    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Crashing Eden to read now too. I can't wait to start it!

    Ohhh, George R.R. Martin. I've just started reading A Game of Thrones and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :)

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool book haul! Hope you enjoy reading them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read George Martin for a long time, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I hope you enjoy all your novels though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).