'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 22 July 2012

Show off Sunday is here!



This week has been insane! It doesn't feel like it was only Monday that I graduated followed by the graduation ball Wednesday and then working Swansea City Football Club's celebration of their 100 years last night at the Liberty Stadium! Despite this, I have of course found myself some time to get my hands on a few new books, set myself a few challenges and almost finish my second book of the week :). The only thing I'm working on to get done by tonight is my review of the wonderful Blade Song by J.C. Daniels.

So here we go, Showcase Sunday once again as hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea where we all get a change to show off the wonderful books we've purchased/ received this week and read up on all the goodies our fellow bloggers have snatched up! This week has unfortunately lacked in actual books but I have bought a few Kindle books to read and received a book to review :). These include:

Worlds Burn Through (The Chronicles of Nowhere #1)  Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)  Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)



The first is a book I nabbed off Amazon for a mere 77p! Bargain! Legend of the Chosen is a book which I have offered to review on Goodreads and the final book is one of the three offered to me to read for a challenge which I am participating in (also on Goodreads) within the group Gotta Have Paranormal Romance with a Kick. Unfortunately, Worlds Burn Through is going to be taking a back seat whilst I catch up on reviews, finish a few challenges and actually read the building stack of books I have to read. Need to stop buying! I promise to buy no books this week. Hold me to that, yeah?

This has been my week in books! How did you all do? :)

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I always tell myself not to buy anymore books for a while and always, always fail! So we'll see how you do :P

    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am a huge fan of Nora Roberts! It sounds like a great read, cool haul though!

    And you could totally search for the titles I have, see if they're still for free! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) it's a book I'm about to read for a challenge SO *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).