'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 20 July 2012

Liebster Award! :)

I just logged onto my blog and had the wonderful surprise that Elgee over on the lovely blog; Musings Over Nothing had nominated me to participate in this award :). As my first award you can imagine I'm just a little bit excited!

 

So, having read the blog post, it is an award for us bloggers who have less than 200 followers :). I think it is a lovely idea - a massive boost for us who have only just started out! There are a few steps to take part in in order to complete the award:


  • - The blogger must thank the presenter of an award with a tag back.
  • - Each blogger must post 11 facts about themselves.
  • - Each blogger must answer the 11 questions posed to you by the presenter of the award and provide 11 for the next bloggers which you will tag.
  • - Choose 11 bloggers and link them to your post.
  • - Ensure the bloggers are aware that you've tagged them by posting on their blogs.
  • - NO TAG BACKS! :)


My first section is the 11 facts about myself:
  1. I have recently graduated from Swansea University with a degree in English Literature: 2:1 babyyy!
  2. I am a lover of archery.
  3. I want to sell my recurve bow and go to the Dark Side: compound! Hating god damn 70meters >.<
  4. I used to write and illustrate my own little books when I was younger; wish I had the patience to do it now!
  5. I am convinced that Royal Owl Mail messed up and that my Hogwarts letter is still out there SOMEWHERE.
  6. I haven't been abroad since I was two years old *gets worlds smallest violin out*.
  7. I WILL travel one day! Australia, New York, Bear Valley, Paris, Rome, Athens, Iceland... God so many!
  8. Bit of a bookaholic, don't know if you can tell? ;)
  9. Shopaholic, whether it's books or clothes or shoes or make up or bags or.... err :P
  10. Massive nerd - I love to research books and already planning my masters dissertation!
  11. Finding it difficult to accept that if I want the publishing career I aspire to have, I may have to live in London... boo! 


My answers to the questions put to me by the presenter of the award:
1.     If your life were a book, what would be the title?
Haha, hard question this! Probably Uncorked Thoughts just as what my blog is called or something really lame like that. I have an awful habit of saying stuff without thinking! Sometimes it's funny, usually it's just embarrassing. It seriously summarises me the easiest.
2.     Name a book that is on your wish-list for a long time?
The Blackdagger Brotherhood: An Insiders Guide – J. R. Ward. I neeeeeed to just buy it!

3.     What is the next immediate thing you are going to do with your blog, (other than posting)?
Immediate? Nothing really, how boring’s that? The next thing I’ll do except post is either comment back on something/ change the currently reading picture!

4.     One feature/design you like from another blog, (Specify the link)
 I absolutely love the 'meh books' section Shay has on her blog: 365 Books a Year. Seriously, it's genius, we should all have them!

5.     How often you post and how often you visit other blogs?
Not near as often as I should! It’s awful, it’s something I really need to start doing more of to be honest.

6.     Do you read the blogs you follow?
I do indeed.

7.     How long have you been blogging?
Two months at the most! Still a proper little newbie to this blogging business.

8.     What are you reading / doing right now? (other than answering this)
I’m reading James Herbert’s Others. It’s a very meh book at the moment. I’m also putting off taking my lovely little Jack Russell for his walk!

9.     Do you sneak peek the last pages of a book, ever?
I have done, it’s something I TRY not to do because it just ruins the book! My worst memory of someone else doing it FOR me was the final Harry Potter book – they posted the ending on MySpace (ahhh those were the days lol!) Needless to say, I was absolutely livid at said person.

10. What is one thing that you do exceptionally well? Be honest.
Haha, complain! Nah, I dunno. You tell me? I read pretty damn well considering I have a degree in it ;). Seriously, I can’t even answer that! I don’t know!

11. Are you addicted to technology?
Aren’t we all? :)


Here are my 11 questions for those that I will be tagging:
  1. Do you have a Goodreads? If so, how would you rate the site?
  2. What is your favourite genre to read?
  3. Book or Kindle?
  4. What's your opinion on the prices of books?
  5. Fiction or Non-Fiction?
  6. What is your pet peeve?
  7. Fifty Shades of Grey: Come on, bash out your opinions!
  8. Where is your favourite place to go out to eat?
  9. How are you finding blogging? (As in, getting followers, following people, what to post, how to make it bigger and better etc.)
  10. Why do you think fantasy/ sci-fi/ gothic literature is looked down on in comparison?
  11. And, the best thing about having a blog is...? :)


 So now I am going to list the lovely people which I nominate for this award! :) (P.S I'm sorry if I've re-nominated you if you've already done it!)

  1. Becca
  2. Emily
  3. Charlene
  4. Karen
  5. Nobonita
  6. Soma
  7. Keertana
  8. Maida
  9. Leona & Megan
  10. Angela
  11. Haley

    Now that you've done this, feel free to grab any of these buttons for your lovely blogs! :D

              


    xxx

4 comments:

  1. Leah, Well done for your quick response :)

    BTW, the Meh section is really new to me :) :)

    Love
    Elgee

    P.S Ur blog is really nice :) Keep blogging and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah, I'm following you back! And haha I try so hard not to read the last pages of books but it's so tempting! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leah! I already did the Liebster Award, but I would be honored to answer your questions here. C: You can see my 11 random facts heree :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    And I'll answer your questions! I hope you don't mind, I did this with another blog that tagged me when I was already tagged and I really enjoyed answering her questions C: hehe.

    1.) I do have a goodreads! I love the site to death but I'd rate it about an 8 because sometimes it crashes on me and drives me insaneeee.
    2.) I loveee Paranormal Romance. (:
    3.)Books all the way !! I like Kindles, but I love the feeling of a book in my hands.
    4.) I hate how pricey they are, but I guess you can see where they're coming from - because books are expensive to make, and if they weren't that expensive then they wouldn't really be able to make them anymore.. I usually try to depend on my good old Half Price Book stores to buy from. (: Haha.
    5.)Fiction !
    6.)So many.. LOL. I guess when you hear about a couple getting together and then on facebook or something theyre all like "Oh my god, together 4 ever baybeee" And then they break up the next week ... I'm like, OHKAY. -_-
    7.)Alright, alright.. I'm not gonna lie to you. I liked 50 Shades of Grey. Legit. I don't know why, maybe because I always want to fix the broken boys and I had this weird attraction to Christian at times so I could see where Ana was coming from.. I liked the 2nd one best though, so emotional. ;_; UH OKAY, NEXT QUESTION D:
    8.)Mcdonalds, woot woot. (jk) Uhh, Old Spaghetti Factory.
    9.)I love blogging. Sometimes its hard, because if I get requests and either I'm too busy or I'm not interested it's super hard for me to say no and I feel bad and bleh. Getting followers isn't so bad, I just go around goodreads and follow people, and comment on blogs, interact with bunches of people, and the F&F thing helps tonsss. I have trouble sometimes posting reviews I guess, because I don't want to put too much info - yknow? But I don't want to make it confusing.. Jeez this is long. I hope I'm not ranting D: I'm sowwi.
    10.) It's looked down upon? I was not aware.. Maybe because people don't like that stuff? Iunno . D:
    11.) Being able to talk about all the hottest men in literature!! :D (Ok I'm joking, MOSTLY) I do love doing that. So excited I finally started Missie's My Book Boyfriend . xD Uh, I love being able to get my opinion out there and actually seeing that people really read it and appreciate them. I also love meeting all the amazing bloggers! Everyone is absolutely sweet as pie and I adore them all. C:

    So yeah! Sorry again, Leah! D: I really had fun answering your questions! I hope you don't mind me posting them here. (:
    Have a wonderful weekend ~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah unfortunately the genre isn't considered as one of the 'better' ones :(. I had my Gothic and the Fantastic lecturer errm... 'lecture' me on how there are 'better' genres out there than what is produced. What a lot of crap!

    Thanks for answering the questions :).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).