'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Less than impressed

Just a blog to have a good girly winge! I've been feeling very oh woe is me this past week and it's only Wednesday! Having just recovered from a cold - because let's be honest, there's not much worse than having a cold! - I come across some less than flattering photos of myself (this sounds unbelievably vain I know but I HATE weight), reading a book that I'm less than impressed with, missing the boyfriend and have a failed attempt at joining a gym. So this post is basically a winge winge winge my-life-is-worse-than-yours winge. We're all entitled to them, right?!

So, I casually log onto Facebook as you do and come across some wonderful birthday pictures my darling sister has uploaded from her 18th. Needless to say, I look like the side of a house! It's very disappointing seeming as a year ago I was successfully on my way to losing a load of weight that had been put on, and now it seems I am back to a size 14/16. Wonderful. No woman likes the conformation of this - especially in the form of an online photograph. Facebook is seriously the devil because girls can be so damn bitchy! (Myself included). After my horrifying encounter with myself, I decided right I'll join the local gym! Student price of £19.something a month, not too bad, nice and cheap. Fine. Get all the way to the payment part; 'please fill in all parts marked with *'. Needless to say, I already had. The programme just wasn't reading it properly! After attempting this 3+ times I gave up. There was nothing that I was missing, no blanks. I even resorted to putting '--' in the issue number bit as I don't have one, but nope! Nice one, DW. Rage, rage, rage.

The icing on the cake is my slowwww process with Empty Altars, a book that I requested to review on Goodreads. Following my reading of Grimoirs: Lichgates I had my hopes set high for this to follow in a similar path. So far I am incredibly disappointed with very transparent characters which I have absolutely no emotion towards. Big woop if they lose the war! Only 31% into it at the moment so there is still plenty of time for the book to develop *fingers crossed*. Saying that, it has a lot to live up following on from Boyce's book. RECOMMEND! Everyone should read it - seriously, it's amazing.

Ha, I'm aware this post sounds incredibly melodramatic but that's just the way I'm feeling right now. Pretty sure everyone's entitled to an outburst every once in awhile, regardless of where it happens :). Have to be honest... I really do feel that little bit better now, lol!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I'm planning on reading Empty Altars next, I hope its good because I really just need to read a really good book. I know exactly how you feel about weight. two years ago I was four stone lighter and it is just so hard to get motivated despite wanting to loose weight so much. Its a vicious circle: I think I'm fat, get depressed so I eat chocolate and cakes and then think I'm fat again haha! If your on about Rhymney gym then I just went to circuit training there tonight, £3 from about half 7 to about 8:45 and it was so good! Come with me next time if you fancy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I hate pictures of myself. I have this talent for closing my eyes, so I usually look sleepy or really silly in pictures. Not fun. I kind of wish people couldn't post your picture on FB without your consent. That would be nice.

    I'm a new follower from Book Blogs. I hope you'll check out my blog and consider following me back. http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Review is up Bec! I'll have a think about circuits. Being going to Zumba with my mam down in the rugby club in Rhymney so that's twice a week. It's funny if nothing else!

    Hey Kelly, thank you :) I'm glad to see it's not just me who haaaates photos. I wish there was a way to block it on FB! Will have at your blog now and follow you :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).