'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 18 July 2012

It's official! :D

Monday the 16th of July between 10:00am - 12:00pm I was officially made an English Literature graduate! The ceremony was absolutely lovely. A few letters to add to the end of my name? Leah Rhiannon Woods Ba Hons has a certain ring to it! Lol! So, so happy! It makes the three years of hard work so, SO worth it and I cannot wait to get back to my studies at masters level. Far too much love for English Literature. If truth be told I don't quite know what to do with myself with this new found freedom! It's been lovely reading my own books for the first time in years but I miss researching topics which interest me and being set certain books to read in which, occasionally, I find stuff I truly love. If it wasn't for my degree I wouldn't have discovered my love of Gothic and Uncanny literature, Daphne du Maurier, Maggie O'Farrell, Mary Shelley, Emily Bronte, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare (which I HATED during my school years)... the list goes on. The icing on top of a truly amazing day was one of my lecturers getting the recognition they deserved: Dr Sarah Gamble received the Distinguishing Teacher award for her dedication and range of skills she's offered to the students and the university. An amazing woman: lecturer, researcher, published work, kick boxer, teaches women's self defence. How on earth she fits it all in is beyond! Myself and a few of my friends voted for her to receive this award and it was nice to see someone get the recognition deserved :).


The most expensive but at the same time priceless pieces of paper I will ever have!
Here are a few cheeky snaps from the day!:

   

   
 

One of the best days ever with my friends, family and boyfriend. I cannot wait for the Graduation Ball tonight as a final celebration of my undergraduate career! :)

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).