'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 14 July 2012

Graduation Day is looming!


Well it's been a few days since I last posted a blog about anything and everything, so here we go :). I've had a pretty uneventful week but the boyfriend is FINALLY back from good ole Yorkshire! Ordered a dress for the graduation ball, didn't like it, took it back. Ordered another one after a looooong day in Cardiff searching for a dress but then went out to the local town and found one for a third of the price! Happy days. BUT, couldn't cancel the order in time so that will have to be returned as soon as it arrives.

On a more successful note, GRADUATION MONDAY! Ahhhhh, it's so insane that three years of university has passed and I am on my way to studying a masters! So unbelievably excited to be moving on with things. Nervous about the ceremony, it's a definite flat shoe occasion, if anyone is going to go sprawling across that stage it's gonna be me. That much is inevitable. So excited for the graduation ball on Wednesday too! Needless to say there isn't going to be a lot of reading time this week. It's going to be great to see friends from university again but sad as it may well be the last time we're all together :( boooo. I wish I was a fresher again!

Whilst in Cardiff myself and my boyfriend picked up our Olympic passes - eeeek excited! We're going to be working the Olympic football in Millennium Stadium which will be AWESOME. The money is definitely desperately needed. Had an interview at a clothing shop the other day but it seems that I didn't get it. I wish employers would at least send out a generic sorry we don't want you email, you know? I can't imagine it's much effort. Wack one out as a template, copy and paste and change the name! Job's a goodun. Despite this, working the Olympics will be incredible! Very much looking forward to it despite all the online training :).

Looking forward to Showcase Sunday tomorrow to show off a few of my lovely purchases and freebies from this week :).

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Just want to stop by and say, "Congratulations!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day! I'm off down to the flat Monday so I may see you all in your gowns! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).