'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 26 July 2012

From The Review Pile!

OK, so I take back my earlier comment of I couldn't find any memes. Apparently I was too much of an eager beaver and most people weren't even awake at that time, LOL. So, I found this lovely little meme posted by a fair few blogs which I am following called 'From the Review Pile' hosted by the lovely blog;  Stepping out of the Page. The aim of the meme is that every Thursday us bloggers showcase our books which we have received for review (OR if we haven't received any, any books which we would love to receive for reviewing) that we've yet to read in order to give the book some extra publicity! I think this is a lovely idea to support all of the hard working authors :).

So, for my very first 'From the Review Pile' I am going to showcase a book which I received for review only just today.

 Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman.  

Crashing Eden

Synopsis:
For one boy and his friends, the path to Paradise comes at a cost—one they may not be prepared to pay.

When a biking accident leaves 17-year-old Joss Kazdan with the ability to hear things others can't, reality as he knows it begins to unravel.

A world of legends exists beyond the ordinary life he's always known, and he is transported to the same Paradise he's studying in World Mythology. But the strange gets even stranger when his new friends build a device that delivers people through the gates of the Garden of Eden.
Now Samael, the Creator God, is furious. As Samael rains down his apocalyptic devastation on the ecstasy-seeking teens, Joss and his companions must find a way to appease Samael—or the world will be destroyed forever.


Doesn't it sound amazing?! Also, check out the cover, it's a proper beaut! I am very much looking forward to reading and reviewing this book following my GR challenge. It sounds really, really good.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!

    Great pick!. I'll be adding this to my wishlist now! :)

    The cover looks really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound really interesting! And the cover it lovely. Hope you enjoy it! :)
    - Sam @ SIK Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crashing Eden sounds good. A interesting twist on "God". Thanks for sharing and visiting today!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).