'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 1 July 2012

A First!

So, I'm taking part in my first ever weekly meme:
 
Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea in which the aim is to show off the books you have purchased this week and to see what others have bought too :).

This week I visited the most a
mazing shop; The Works. Three books for a fiver, you can't really go wrong! It's lucky I was on a time limit or I could have easily spent aaaall day in there. The job is dangerous but I still came out with these three gems:


The Dead Sea Deception - Adam Blake

The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater
Divergent - Veronica Roth

Divergent and The Scorpio Races are both books I've been looking out for for awhile and I bought The Dead Sea Deception as a quick grab to make up the fiver! I'm not sure what it's going to be like - apparently similar to The Da Vinci Code so we will see, not my usual genre!

I also picked up a couple of  freebies for my Kindle!:

Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power, #1) 
Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power, #2) Firebird

Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power #1) - Brian Rathbone
Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power #2) - Brian Rathbone
Firebird - Anthony Bellaleigh

Fingers crossed for a few requests I've made on Net Galley too to keep me busy busy busy for the next few weeks :).

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have the Scorpio Races and would have given it to you as I just couldn't get into it! I think I have the Brain Rathbone freebies on my kindle too added to the ever growing pile of free books! The Works is a dangerous place! Money could be spent without even thinking in 10 minutes haha it is that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha aw really! The book sounds really good so fingers crossed. I'm reading a really good freebie at the moment, 'the grimoire: litchgates' it's so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).