'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 26 July 2012

Exhausting Olympics

Yesterday I worked my first olympics shift at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. It was so, so busy despite it only being the women's football. The day started off OK, a little confusing as we were given plastic bags with no explanation as to why. I later found out it was to put our stuff in... Something about security? I dunno, so needless to say I was completely confused from the word go. I was allocated work at the food bar which was pretty good for the majority of the day :). We had a few slight hiccups but overall it was good. The problem came when the shutters came down and all of the heat was trapped into one space. Yesterday was roughly 30 degrees plus the cooking equipments temperature. I ended up getting heat stroke on the way home :( it was awful! Bit weary about going back in today for another 7 hours but eh, money is money and I so desperately need it right now to help fund the Masters! 



This week I planned on fitting in as many memes as possible but I can't seem to find one for Thursday :( boo. I was enjoying doing them as well! Never mind, I'm sure Friday will have one. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is progressing nicely having read 80% of it. It would have been finished last night if it wasn't for the almighty attack of the heat stroke! *Fingers crossed* for tonight. The only sad thing is that the second book is yet to be released so it seems there will be a what feels like long wait for it. The book seems to be taking us towards a cliff hanger which will be incredibly frustrating! Following the Goodreads challenge it's going to be difficult to know what to start next as nothing that I have waiting to be read is a stand alone book! Haha.

Time to go get ready for day two of sweltering kitchen and sun heat!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).