'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Wedding Woes and Archery Blunders


Not a very happy bunny. For the past few days I've been trawling the internet and various shops for SOMETHING to wear to my brothers wedding but no luck. When I find one dress in every twenty that I like the price is ridiculous or the sizes are sooo small! Gaaaah. Any recommendations of what a 21 year old could wear to a wedding would be SO welcome. 

Aside from this, I shot my bow for the first time in a week - my god I might as well have not bothered! It was going fine until the arrow kept slipping off the rest THEN I started shooting 3s?! 3! When I usually average 7s that is appalling. Needless to say, the bow went back into the bag and the Kindle came out. TGFK - thank god for Kindles ha. Harkness' Discovery of Witches is going amazingly. Just over 30% in and am fully hooked! It does admittedly remind me of my childhood pleasures found in Twilight in places but written so much better and with a lot more literary and historical references - I love it! Reading through my stack of books is making me hope hope hope for a secure place on a masters next year, I'm not ready to leave my studies of literature yet!

It's officially six days until my final results and thirty two days until graduation,. So, so scary - makes A Levels seem like less than nothing! Here's hoping for a 2'1 and a 'confirm your masters' study letter *pray pray pray*.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).